RETURNS & WARRANTY [Retail Sales]
Under the Australian Consumer Guarantee (ACG), all goods sold in Australia are covered by inherent consumer warranties. The ACG also recognises the way that goods are used, worn, handled or cared for by the customer after purchase affects the durability and appearance of those goods and how well they last. Claims related to accidental, incidental or other damage including general wear & tear caused by the user are not covered by the ACG. Retailers are not obliged to offer returns or refunds in the event a customer changes their mind about a purchase or the customer’s circumstances change. Where a store voluntarily provides opportunity for return/exchange beyond the provisions of the ACG, a customer must meet all of the stated conditions for return and agree to the Terms & Conditions that apply to the offer.
PART 1: STORE VOLUNTARY RETURNS POLICY (VR)
- Our voluntary returns policy is offered in addition to your statutory rights and forms part of the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
- If you are unable to meet the any of the requirements for return set out in this voluntary policy we will not be able to assist you with a return.
- To access any of the benefits conferred by our voluntary returns policy you must present a valid itemised purchase receipt for the item/s you are returning, complete a return request form and submit these together with your item/s for return to our uniform shop staff.
- We offer a generous 90 day size exchange or return for store credit however we do not issue refunds or cancel paid orders if you change your mind, including if you:
- change your mind about a purchase, an item or the number of items purchased
- later receive or purchase items second hand or acquire them from another source
- purchased an incorrect item, or:
- if your circumstances have changed.
- Store credit and gift codes are redeemable for goods only and limited by our Terms & Conditions. Store Credit and gift codes/gift vouchers are non refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Only items in original condition are permitted to be exchanged under this voluntary policy. Items must be new, unmarked, unworn, unwashed, unaltered, unlabelled and free from: fragrances (including laundry detergents, body sprays, draw-liners etc), odours, cigarette smoke, pet hair, dirt or dust. Items must be returned in any original packaging with any tags intact. Open packets of Socks/Hosiery and Hats with tags removed are ineligible for return for health reasons.
- Returns period is 90 days from the purchase date. Extended returns period applies to Term 4 purchases and is valid until Thursday of Week 2 in Term 1 the following year/ or 90 days from purchase, whichever is longest.
- Items which are no longer in original condition or new items kept by the customer after the returns period has expired are not eligible for return under this voluntary policy
PART 2: STORE STATUTORY RETURNS POLICY (SR)
- To make a claim under the Australian Consumer Guarantee (ACG) you must be able to show proof of purchase or provide sufficient details about the purchase to enable us to verify that you purchased the item from Seaborne Clothing.
- Goods the subject of claims under the ACG must first be returned to the issuing uniform shop for inspection. Photographs or emails will not suffice. Please complete the returns form in-store and provide your name, address and best contact (phone number or email address) with your item for inspection, along with proof of purchase. We request that garments items are laundered prior to return where possible.
- Items which are new, unworn & in original condition which we deem were faulty on arrival will be replaced (same size/style/colour) provided a claim is presented within 30 days.
- If a manufacturing fault or quality issue is reported after items have been labelled, marked, used/worn, washed or after the goods have been kept by the customer for longer than 30 days, we have the right to:
- inspect the item (or return it to factory or manufacturer to inspect) to determine the nature of the fault claimed: photographs/email/verbal accounts will not suffice.
- decide whether or not a remedy is due or the nature of any remedy offered based on inspection of the item and taking into consideration the item’s age, intended use, overall care & condition, purchase price and other relevant factors.
PART 3: EXCLUSIONS
- The benefits conferred under our voluntary returns policy and statutory returns policy do not apply where we determine:
- (VR & SR) An item was not purchased directly from Seaborne Clothing or by the person making the claim (e.g. acquired second-hand or from another source).
- (VR) Items are no longer in original condition or items have been kept by the customer after the returns period has expired.
- (SR) The condition of a used item generally or a claimed fault is indicative of accidental/incidental or deliberate damage, mistreatment or misuse or mishandling (including but not limited to extra-ordinary wear and tear and not laundering as per care label).
- (SR) The condition of a used item generally or a claimed fault is indicative of normal wear, tear or deterioration for items of a certain age/ exposed to a certain frequency of use or wash and wear cycles.
- (VR & SR) The condition of an item is indicative of the item being older than indicated by an accompanying receipt.
- (VR & SR) The claim relates to items purchased at a discount with a fault or potential fault which the purchaser was alerted to at the time of purchase.
- (VR & SR) An item that has been altered or (other than under this policy) mended or repaired, or;
- (VR & SR) If the customer does not provide proof of purchase
- (VR &SR) If the customer is unable to return the item to store or (VR) unwilling to leave the item with staff for assessment off-site.
- (VR & SR) Any other exlcusion listed in our Terms & Conditions applies.
To avoid refusal of a claim and the possibility of a negative customer experience, please assess items thoroughly prior to return to avoid presenting claims which are excluded under the ACG or our statutory returns policy or items which don’t comply with our voluntary returns policy. Under a statutory claim the age, general condition and price paid for goods may affect any remedy which might otherwise apply. Please be aware that the number of uniform items in circulation and the frequency of wash & wear will also inform how long an item lasts.
TERMS & CONDITION OF SALE [Retail Sales]
- All Prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
- The Seller is Seaborne Clothing.
- By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to these terms and conditions of (retail) sale.
- All orders and items therein are subject to availability, acceptance and confirmation of the order price.
- Dispatch times may vary according to stock availability and are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
- When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and does not in itself constitute acceptance of your order.
- A contract between us will not be formed until payment is made.
- We will send you confirmation e-mail notifying you that goods which you ordered have been prepared for collection or dispatched according to the instructions you provided in the online shopping cart.
- Only the goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
- Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur.
- If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel in these circumstances and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- Any delivery costs are charged in addition to the goods purchased; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the ‘Total Cost’.
- Goods which have been paid for become property of the purchaser.
- All risk passes to the purchaser at the time of instore collection or at the time of being dispatched according to the customer's instruction (eg: by post, for classroom delivery, left at the school office).
- Any goods issued in error or without payment being made remain the property of Seaborne Clothing.
- Any payment made to Seaborne Clothing can only be refunded with the express written consent of Seaborne Clothing.
- In the event refunds or chargebacks are sought through third parties such as banks or credit agencies the initiating customer will be refused further service.
- Seaborne Clothing reserve the right to refuse further service in the event of returns-fraud, chargeback-fraud or other frauds, deceptions or dishonest acts, threats, abuse or other inappropriate customer conduct.
- Photo identification must be provided on request for instore collection of paid online orders.
- Seaborne Clothing do not warrant that goods sold in our Uniform Shops or through this website are fit for any application other than the intended normal use or purpose.
- The intended 'normal use' of goods sold in our uniform shops or through this website is taken to be and limited to: a) Wear, use or ordinary handling in the manner a reasonable person would be expected to reasonably wear, use or handle that particular item under normal circumstances and b) laundering/cleaning according the care instructions
- The 'normal purpose' of a uniform is taken to be and expressly limited to: n. an identifying outfit or style of dress
- The 'normal purpose' of clothing is taken to be and expressly limited to: n. coverings for the body; articles of dress or adornment.
- Based on our assessment of the age and/or condition and/or treatment of goods returned to us for inspection Seaborne Clothing reserve the right to offer or refuse a remedy or repair in accordance with the terms & conditions of sale, our Voluntary Returns Policy (Retail Sales) and the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law
- In the event Seaborne Clothing’s authorisation to supply uniforms to the client-school concludes the final date for any exchange, return, redemption of store credit or gift code value issued under this store’s terms & conditions and voluntary returns policy will be the trading day prior to the conclusion date.